Found a promising job posting on a promising publisher's website this morning. After two days of absolutely no posts fitting my interests or skills, this was a hopeful sight. (All the other sites on my daily quest through the void of several barren career websites were without relevant postings.)
The good thing about this publisher is that I know someone who currently works for them -- and he's been there for sometime. I believe he is a senior editor, or something similar. I just sent in my resume and cover letter online and also emailed this guy to see if he can do any internal networking for me.
I keep telling myself that the autumn will prove better for finding a job. That in the summer some person or another is always off on vacation and it isn't until everyone is back in the office in the fall, sitting around the table in the conference room with papers all a scatter, that someone will raise their head and say, "Hey we really need some assistant in here doing this menial, side stuff." And then there I will be, shooting up the elevator all aglow from my visible aura of delight and fruitfulness, and I will float into the office projecting a soothing shadow on all those I pass as I deliver mail, make copies, and edit manuscripts in lightning speed and rework paragraphs until they are so neat and clean that they squeak. And before I know it I will have my own assistants and interns. Also, I think everyone will fall in love with me.
So not only will I have my own assistants and interns, but hot dog, I'll have my very own husband too.

No comments:
Post a Comment